Winter Fruit Tree Care and Pruning Masterclass
Date(s) - July 28, 2018
Time - 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
This is a third-party event not organised by Permablitz. We've added it because we reckon it looks pretty good!
Location - Parkhill Primary School
Check out the next public Winter Fruit Tree Care and Pruning Masterclass. By the end of the session you’ll have a much greater understanding of:
- Important considerations for setting up your backyard orchard
- Bare rooted fruit trees and how to plant them
- Leaf Curl Control
- Tree physiology and “why” a tree grows the way it does
- Types of cuts we make in pruning and consequences for the tree
- Different shapes to prune trees
- Timing of pruning and consequences
- Tools used for pruning and their maintenance and care
- How to prune different types of fruit trees to maximise fruit production
- How to set up and maintain espaliers
The Winter Fruit Tree Care and Pruning Masterclass focuses heavily on understanding the science behind pruning and care. This enables our clients to better understand the consequences of their actions. It will give you the confidence to manage your fruit trees yourself.
The Masterclass will be held in the Parkhill Primary School Kitchen Garden. This garden has plenty of fruit trees of different varieties to demonstrate and practice pruning. Many of these trees (including the espaliers) are overgrown and in need of much TLC. You will have plenty of opportunities to practice your new knowledge and skills whilst being supported by experienced staff.
You will receive:
- A fun and entertaining workshop on winter fruit tree care (including pruning)
- A comprehensive set of notes on Fruit Tree Pruning
- Basic pruning equipment for you to use on the day
- Fruit trees for you to practice on
- Tea and Coffee Facilities and drinking water
What to Bring:
- Clothing appropriate to the weather (raincoats, warm clothes, hats etc)
- A pair of secateurs you might like to use (if you bring your own we can help you sharpen them). There will be some equipment available for use on the day, but not enough for everyone.
- Your own lunch and snacks
Please note that this event will be conducted regardless of the weather forecast. A sheltered area is available for us to conduct the workshop in.