Permablitz #217 – Croydon
Date(s) - May 26, 2019
Time - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This event is totally booked out - but keep an eye out for more blitzes being announced soon!
Kirri has inherited her father’s property in Croydon, and after using what little money she had to make it liveable, she is looking forward to making the surrounding gardens more edible to help with food bills and be more sustainable long-term.
So we’re going to help her!
On the day we’ll be:
- Clearing a privet forest, and using the timber for the hugelkultur
- Levelling the ground for 2 veggie bed locations
- Adding 3 raised veggie beds, hugelkultur style!
- Planting natives
- Irrigating the new garden beds
- Adding a trellis for vines
- Adding a raspberry trellis
- Making a pond
We’re also going to run two workshops on:
- Applying hugelkultur methods to a raised garden bed
- Irrigating your garden beds
Tools to bring (if you can):
- Shovels and spades
- Garden forks
- Tree pruners, loppers and pruning saw
- BYO garden gloves
This is a kid-friendly blitz, but usual rules apply – keep a watchful eye on the little people!
If you’re keen to get involved,
just fill in the form below (but get in fast)!
Well THAT was fast! Kirri will get back to people in the next few days, but if you haven’t heard by May 7, give us a shout at permablitz (at) gmail.com
|+1||Want to have your own Blitz?|
This event counts as one "Blitz point". If you've been to a PermaBlitz (or a Permabee) and attend this event you'll be eligible for your own PermaBlitz!