Permablitz #211 – Upwey
Date(s) - September 9, 2018
Time - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This event is totally booked out - but keep an eye out for more blitzes being announced soon!
Ros has studied permaculture with Pete the Permie and Tamara Griffiths, and has started a mini food forest in her front garden with some fruit trees at the back. Now she needs help transforming her zone 3 that is about quarter acre with a stunning vista looking onto a ridge line of the Dandenong mountains, to One Tree Hill.
It sounds absolutely beautiful, and we’re going to help her bring this space to its full potential.
Were you looking for the Belgrave Heights blitz? Read here.
On the day, we will be:
- Pruning trees and mulching an existing orchard
- Clearing weeds, including ivy, blackberry and agapanthus
- Using onsite biomass to construct a hugelkutlur
- Planting edibles to increase privacy along fence line and increase productivity
- Using onsite apple crates to create a raised bed for annuals
There’s some awesome workshops happening, including:
- Building a hugelkultur
- Basketmaking demonstrations
- Creating trellises and other support structures from locally sourced bamboo
If you could bring the following tools that would be ace:
- Shovels and mattocks for hugelkultur bed
- Garden forks
And don’t forget to bring gardening gloves!
** If you can offer a lift to a fellow blitzer (or you need one!), let people know on the Facebook Event page. **
To join in the fun,
fill in the form below:
|Want to have your own Blitz?
This event counts as one "Blitz point". If you've been to a PermaBlitz (or a Permabee) and attend this event you'll be eligible for your own PermaBlitz!
* Please note that this blitz was originally set up for Belgrave Heights. This was a pretty embarrassing stuff-up on our part, and we apologise to those affected. Anyone who has applied for the Belgrave Heights blitz will be contacted and can transfer their application directly to the Upwey blitz.