Permablitz #202 – Fairfield – Booked Out!
Date(s) - October 7, 2017
Time - 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
This event is totally booked out - but keep an eye out for more blitzes being announced soon!
Jim has a true multi-generational household, and is very keen on growing his own veggies and fruit in a child-friendly garden. He’s also keen to design garden well to produce lots of fruit and veggies with less effort!
His previous gardening attempts over many years has been a bit hit-and-miss, having tried his hand at lasagna beds, wicking experiments, companion planting, and very adhoc water/shade systems. Finally, with the help of the Permablitz Designer Guild members Meg, Felicity and Kaitlyn, now is the time to get it all sorted!
On the day, we’ll be:
- Espaliering some trees
- Setting up an Asian water/pond area
- Converting a bath into a wicking bed
- Clearing out weeds
- Laying down mulch
- Planting out the good stuff!
We also have some pretty cool (and practical!) workshops:
- How to break down clay soil
- Turning a bath into a wicking bed
- Preparing your beds for Spring planting
- Best use of your body for gardening
- Growing plants typically used in Vietnamese/Australian cooking
- Recycling old materials in the garden (for raised beds, glasshouse and more)
- How to check your pH and soil moisture measurements
Things that would be handy to bring:
Please note that due to the sharp and pointy nature of many of the tools used, this will not be a kid-friendly blitz. Sorry!
If this blitz sounds like a fun day to you, then
fill in the form here!
|+1||Want to have your own Blitz?|
This event counts as one "Blitz point". If you've been to a PermaBlitz (or a Permabee) and attend this event you'll be eligible for your own PermaBlitz!