Don’t be shy! If you’ve been to the odd permablitz and you think maybe you’d like to be blitzed, let us know. The waiting list is usually not long, and we have resources, designers and enthusiasm to help you out.
How many permablitzes should I come to first?
Usually we say you need to come to three permablitzes before you qualify. Sometimes three is a lot. To keep blitzes happening, we are bending the rules a bit.
So until further notice, you can qualify to host your own blitz if you have:
a) participated in two permablitzes,
b) participated in one permablitz and have volunteered for a day with any two of the following groups (or similar):
- Ashwood College Permaculture Food Garden
- Cultivating Community
- Port Phillip EcoCentre
- SPAN Community House
- POWer Plants
- your local community garden
Basically we want to make sure you’re committed to the cause – creating edible gardens, sharing skills related to permaculture and sustainable living, building community, and having fun – and know what to expect at your own blitz.
What is the process?
The stages to a permablitz are:
- you send us your brief
- we hook you up with some (volunteer if we can arrange it) permaculture practitioners for a design visit, and together you come up with a design
- the designers give you a list of materials to prepare
- you work with a facilitator/designers to prepare a plan for the day
- we blitz!
We go through all this in detail in our Permablitz Hosts’ Guide.