Permablitz #214 – Lalor
Date(s) - November 18, 2018
Time - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This event is totally booked out - but keep an eye out for more blitzes being announced soon!
Bec and Chris live in Lalor with their three young girls on a large block. Whilst they have some raised beds and chickens out the back, they have dreams of transforming their bare front yard into an inviting garden complete with native trees and shrubs to attract birds, herb spiral and fruit trees. They also have big plans for installing wicking beds in their back yard, a water tank for the front and even a lending library.
** This event is now totally booked out! **
On the day we will be:
- Building an herb spiral
- Spreading soil and mulch in preparation for planting front yard
- Planting fruit salad and other fruit trees to be espaliered
- Planting native trees, shrubs and grasses
- Building raised beds and setting up wiring for espaliered trees
- Placing bird bath in the front garden
- Installing a water tank and linking it up to guttering
- Filling and planting up wicking beds
- Installing a lending library
- Planting vines in containers on their porch
- Planting raised beds with summer veggies
There will be some awesome workshops happening including:
- Herb spiral
- Wicking beds
- Setting up espaliered trees
It would great if you could bring any of the following tools:
- Shovels and rakes
- A book or small toy to contribute to the street library
The blitz is totally kid-friendly, but be aware usual parental supervision required.
|+1||Want to have your own Blitz?|
This event counts as one "Blitz point". If you've been to a PermaBlitz (or a Permabee) and attend this event you'll be eligible for your own PermaBlitz!