New Economy Network Australia’s (NENA) Annual Conference: Strengthening the New Economy for the Common Good
Date(s) - October 19, 2018 - October 21, 2018
Time - All Day
This is a third-party event not organised by Permablitz. We've added it because we reckon it looks pretty good!
Today’s global economy is built on a growth-fuelled industrial and financial system with immense productive capacity, but its extractive logic has created extreme wealth inequality, social injustice, and ecological devastation on an unprecedented scale. At the heart of the transition to a new economy lies the commons: the wealth we inherit and create together which includes the gifts of nature, civic infrastructure and knowledge in all its forms. Across Australia, people and communities are working to strengthen the commons through better food systems, co-operative enterprise and innovative legal models that protect the rights of nature and ensure a just transition for people and the planet now, and into the future.
NENA’s second annual conference “Strengthening the New Economy for the Common Good”, held in Melbourne, invites people to come together to share stories of success, address challenges and join the broader movement, to appreciate our shared purpose and create transformative approaches to a fairer and ecologically sustainable economy and society.
The 2018 New Economy Conference will:
- Bring together hundreds of people and organisations interested in moving beyond the current unsustainable and unjust economic system that currently dominates Australian society;
- Enable people to share, learn, listen, play, and work together to co-create a strong, vibrant economic system that’s fair for all Australians and cares for our precious natural environment; and
- Launch powerful new collective strategies for creating positive social and economic change, to achieve long term, liveable economies that fit within the productive capacity of a healthy environment.
Please note there are two venues for the NENA 2018 Annual Conference:
- DAY 1 – FRIDAY 19TH OCTOBER 2018 – Main Hall, Church of All Nations, 180 Palmerston St, Carlton, Melbourne
- DAY 2 & DAY 3 – SATURDAY 20TH & SUNDAY 21ST – Angliss Conference Centre, 555 La Trobe Street, Melbourne
NENA recognises that the commons is strengthened only when people from diverse backgrounds, including socio-economic status, work together in solidarity. We all need a new economy that promotes the flourishing of humans and the environment in which we live, but some of us struggle more in the current economy more than others.
The tiered ticketing system reflects the total cost of the conference which this year also includes food, and the prices reflect the value of the labour and resources required to make the event a success. We kindly ask you to please read the descriptions of the tiers and choose the amount that best reflects your circumstances.
Prices are for a 3 full-day registration at an early bird rate (15% of the full price). The early bird finishes on 31st August.
CT: $100 Concession tickets are available for those who are unwaged, hold a Health Care card or are full-time students. We ask that you contact us at [email protected] and we will provide you with a discount code to purchase concession tickets. If the concession price is still outside your means, please contact us.
T1: $215 is for waged individuals not supported by an organisation, such as grassroots organisers or people from small community groups.
T2: $310 is for waged individuals who are supported by their organisation with a small budget, such as not-for-profits, academics or small business.
T3: $465 is for waged individuals who are supported by large organisations including corporations, government and NGOS.
All the registrations include conference access for the full three days, including most catering. The following meals will be provided– Friday afternoon tea, night event nibbles; Saturday: morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea; Sunday: morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea.
Please note, these figures are inclusive of GST. Trybooking’s administration fees will be applied to conference registrations at the time of checkout.
– website: https://neweconomy.org.au/
– email: [email protected]
– diaspora: https://diasp.org/people/
– twitter: @NENA_aus
– facebook: https://www.facebook.com/