Permablitz #183 – Clayton
What a day!
The weather gods gifted us with a beautifully sunny winter day that allowed the troops to get into action bright eyed and full of smiles.
We started with a quick brief from our epic designers on what the focus points for the day were and operational strategies.
We had 4 major operations running on the day:
- Front yard: This was where the majority of blitzers were seen on the day engaging in activities ranging from building raised garden beds with recycled materials, mulching, bringing in soil, setting up the espalier for the tree’s, pruning, mulching, planting and building a small pond.
- The side garden: Saw a total renovation for Mei’s medicinals with a structural setup giving them a very nice boost in structure and appearance.
- Composting Station: The boys worked away relentlessly with the power tools setting up Mei’s new composting station which looked like a professional job (nice work!)
- Cooking: Mei and family cooked up a storm for the troops which saw a variety of food suited to all diet types from various dips and breads to Daals and broths allowing us all to experience a taste of asian cuisine, what a treat.
Check out the awesome video of the day below!
(And just in case people are wondering what Marko is holding in his hands, those are Jerusalem artichokes*!
* Also know as fartichokes…
A dynamite day concluding with my favourite thing of all, PLANTING! And a group photo of course!
The planting involved everything from natives through to varying fruit tree’s and shrubs with some veggies as well. A very dynamic setup!
Words and video by Marko Petrovic. Pics by Marko Petrovic and Juan Muralanda.