Perma Pixie’s 2018 Permaculture Design Course
Date(s) - February 24, 2018
Time - All Day
This is a third-party event not organised by Permablitz. We've added it because we reckon it looks pretty good!
Postive Solution-Based Change.
“I feel people are more capable of creating change through love and motivation rather than fear and desperation” – Taj Scicluna
Our Permaculture Design Course focuses on creative facilitation which is fun, engaging and hands on.
We believe that there are many ways in which people can learn, and try to cover as many teaching styles as possible in order to compliment individual learning styles.
Join us for an interative, hands on, creative, practical and immersive Permaculture Course!
Learn strategies and techniques that will increase resilience in lifestyle and contribute to regenerative ways of thinking and acting, creating postive solution-based outcomes for social and environmental systems.
“Permaculture is Revolution desguised as Gardening” – Mike Feingold
We beleive in offering real, skill-based learning on the Farm, catering for the kinaesthetic, leaving participants empowered with a range of intellectual knowledge and experiential skill.
Geo Echo Farm
The Perma Pixie is currently retrofitting and helping manage a Farm property near the lush Dandenong Ranges, that is home to a range of animals such as Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Geese, Ducks, Chickens and more. We will be creating functional systems using Permaculture strategies as part of this Permaculture Design Course, assisting the efficiency of the property whilst offering real skill-based learning.
Feb 24th – May 26th 2018
Every Saturday for 14 Weeks
One Sunday Field trip 8th of April 2018
$1200 for concession card holders, low income card holders and elderly
2 work exchange places are offered to make Permaculture accessible.
Please email [email protected] for work exchange enquires.
What is included in your Course Fee:
– The Gaiacraft Permaculture Design Course Curriculum Booklet
– A range of handouts for different sessions
– Extensive digital resources and downloads, access to the course Google Drive
– Hands-on experience in Gardening, Soil building, Natural Building, Forest Gardening and more
– Knowledge of design process and systems and how to design a Permaculture Property
– Tea, Coffee and morning tea
– Site visits to existing and functioning Permaculture sites
There will be two site Visits to existing Urban and Rural Permaculture properties so that participants can understand the different design modalities employed in these areas and apply them to their own lifestyle or situation.
These sites are functional as well as beautiful, produce high yields with a healthy amount of human management and care for both the land and the people.
What you will learn in this Permaculture Design Course:
This course is Designed using Permaculture Principles and the Scale of Permanence to bring you a holistic and immersive experience. We are dedicated to assisting in the journey of personal empowerment that ripples through to create social and environmental change.
Participants will learn how to observe, plan, design, evaluate and manage holistic systems.
After course commencement participants will be capable of:
– Understanding Permaculture Ethics and Principles
– Designing for conditions within a changing climate
– Using patterns within a design context and building functional connections between elements
– Design abundant, self-fertile Food Forest systems
– Understanding the Soil Food Web and its application in home garden and agricultural systems
– Enhancing social cohesion and strategies for community living
– Understanding Ecological systems and how to use and cycle nutrients
– Analyse landscapes and client contexts to marry the two in a cohesive synergy
– Build biologically diverse food systems
– Designing a property using a range of 2D resources and spatial design tools
– Improve soil structure and fertility
– Increase self-empowerment and create new career and lifestyle pathways
What skills you will develop during this Permaculture Design Course:
– Tree Planting
– Tree Pruning
– Tree Feeding
– Pond Systems
– Plant Germination and Cultivation
– Compost Building
– Natural Building with different mediums and Earthship techniques
– Alternative Technology methods
– Homesteading skills
Morning Tea and tea and coffee will be provided.
Lunch will consist of a shared, communal pot luck, increasing group cohesion and appreciation for our growing community of Earth stewards.
Taj Scicluna of The Perma Pixie – http://www.facebook.com/ThePermaPixie
Kimberley Kifun – Course Co-ordinator, Social Permaculture Facilitator
Willow Herb-nerd – Permaculturist, Herbalist and General Awesome Woman
John Ferris of Edible Forest Gardens – https://www.facebook.com/edibleforestgardensoz/
Travis Heenan of Peace Farm – https://www.facebook.com/peacefarmyarravalley/
Annalise Hordern of Gaiacraft – https://www.facebook.com/thegaiacraft/
Murray Goodchild of Peace Farm – https://www.facebook.com/peacefarmyarravalley/
Tyler Cameron of Mush Love – https://www.facebook.com/mush.love.mushrooms/
Tomas Cinfuentes of Seed of Life Gardens – https://www.facebook.com/sol.heirlooms/
Kegan Daly of Of the Earth Permaculture – https://www.facebook.com/oftheearthpermaculture/
Tommy D – Skill-based Generalist; Natural Builder, Carpenter and Permaculturist
Stuart Muir of Permatecture
Melanie Birtchnell – Re-vegetation Specialist and Bee Lover, Keeper and Protector
For Bookings: https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=332965