Food Forest Workshop
Date(s) - August 26, 2018
Time - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is a third-party event not organised by Permablitz. We've added it because we reckon it looks pretty good!
Food Forest Workshop
$50 for the day
Learn how to create an edible forest garden in this hands-on workshop.
We will be actually implementing a forest garden, getting our hands in the soil and working with many interesting edible plants.
In this workshop you will learn:
– Assessing the site of your food forest
– The layers of a food forest
– Techniques to improve soil
– Caring for plants
– Forest patterns and how to apply them to your own food forest at home
– Tips for creating food, habitat and nectar diversity for ourselves and our environment
Join us as we plant out over 200 beautiful edible species in a beautiful budding permaculture property in Warrandyte.
The Perma Pixie
The Perma Pixie (Taj Scicluna) is passionate and motivated to inspire and educate people to live more nourishing and regenerative lifestyles with a deep connection to Nature.
Using her skills of Permaculture and Herbalism, she reminds those wishing for a deeper sense of purpose that individual and collective action can generate change and reformat the current state of humanity.
Taj is well versed in Permaculture Design, specialising in Ornamental Edible Gardens that mimic natural systems for beauty and efficiency. Her journey has now lead her to facilitate Social Permaculture workshops, focusing on the awareness of the self and how we may integrate ourselves back into forms of community for a positive impact on the Earths systems and processes.
The Pixie’s Proof on Paper:
– Permaculture Design Course (Southern Cross, 2009)
– Cert II in Horticulture (Swinburne, 2010)
– Permaculture Diploma (Eltham College, 2011)
– Dynamic Groups + Community Covernance (Robin Clayfield, 2012)
– Cert IV in Micro-Business (Boxhill TAFE, 2013)
– Regrarians PDC (Darren Doherty, 2014)
– Permaculture Australia Board Director (2014)
– Soil Food Web Course (Dr. Elaine Ingham, 2014)
– Permaculture Teacher Training (Rosemary Morrow, 2015)
– Advanced Design Course (Dan Palmer, 2015)
– Forest Garden Design Intensive (Dave Jacke, 2016)
Taj has studied Edible Forest Gardens with Dave Jacke, the co-author of Edible Forest Gardens vol. I & II and renowned Permaculture teacher
For more info, check out the Facebook page.