Bamboo for beginners – Melbourne
Date(s) - March 24, 2018
Time - 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
This is a third-party event not organised by Permablitz. We've added it because we reckon it looks pretty good!
Location - Siteworks
Ever wondered what is the big deal with bamboo? Why so many things are made out of bamboo these days? This one day introductory course will provide you with an overview on why bamboo is one of the most versatile materials.
Learn about different bamboo species, how you can use it and get your hands dirty trying out different techniques in working with bamboo.
Who knows you might as well take a little something home with you at the end of the workshop that you made yourself.
This course is suitable for beginners or those wishing to try their hand at making something with bamboo without long-term commitment.
What you get:
• Overview about various species, uses and working with bamboo
• Tools and raw material
• All presentation material and course notes
• Bamboo poles to try out different techniques like splitting, cutting and drilling
• Make some small objects like cups, chopsticks, etc to take home
What to bring:
• Clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty
• Gloves, hat, sturdy shoes and water bottle
• Desire to get your hands dirty and try out new things
Ticket price includes morning tea and afternoon tea, BYO lunch