Permaculture Design Course Spring 2017
Date(s) - October 15, 2017
Time - 9:30 am
Location - Summerhill Farm/Santosha Permaculture
This course offers you the opportunity to explore the world of Permaculture, developing insight and skills to live an abundant life and look after the planet. Learn to apply permaculture ethics and principles to individuals, community groups or business settings. Suitable for people wishing to develop their own productive garden, planning a larger scale rural enterprise, involved in community groups or wanting to live a resilient and more sustainable life.
You will learn to:
• develop problem solving and design skills for resilience in home, community and workplace settings.
• assess and design for urban or rural scale properties, based on permaculture ethics and principles,
• use sector analysis and zone planning for energy efficiency.
• incorporate site analysis, soil assessment, climate influences and water assessment to develop sustainable design concepts.
• assess, select and integrate animal systems.
• read patterns in the landscape and understand forest ecology
• analyse elements, design connections and networks to improve productivity and efficiency.
• develop skills to build resilient local communities.
And build friendships, local networks and become part of a world-wide permaculture community!
By the end of this course you will have the skills to prepare permaculture designs, which can be applied to individuals, households, communities or business to build a sustainable future.
When: SUNDAYS 9.30am – 4.30pm
Commencing October 15th – December 17th
plus 3 extra days on Saturdays for site visits and excursions. (Dates to be confirmed)
This PDC offers 90+ hours of permaculture learning through interactive classroom activities and site visits in a supportive small group environment.
Where: ‘Summerhill Farm’ Main Ridge. This is the only PDC offered on the Mornington Peninsula, on a picturesque working alpaca farm!
Includes: Weekly course notes, site visits and guest tutors. In a small group environment, it may be possible to include additional topics into the program, depending on topic and tutor availability. Please let me know if you have a special area of interest.
Cost: $1200 full fee,
Early Bird: $950 paid in full before October 1st, 2017.
Bookings: A $250 deposit is required to confirm your booking; places are limited.
(Please contact me to set up a payment plan or to discuss concession pricing or alternative arrangements)