Permablitz #201 – Brunswick West – Booked out!
Date(s) - September 9, 2017
Time - 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Sandy is a writer who has recently moved to Melbourne and has enjoyed the community gardens the area has to offer, and is looking forward to making her own garden more plant-friendly! She has an existing garden, and even a fully functional outdoor bath! We’ll be adding many more productive plants to the garden and will help make it a more productive and enjoyable space for her.
On the day we’re going to:
- add a mini-swale with a sump (for overflow system)
- put in four different espalier systems
- build graduated garden wings
- dig trenches
- putting in reconditioned soil
- planting fruit trees
We’ll also be running the following workshops:
- how to kill invasive grass
- sub-tropical design for temperate climates – and resulting plant list
- how to install mini swale and sump
- construction and planting out of four espaliers
If you have any of the following, it’d be great if you could bring them:
- picks and mattocks
- trench shovels
There’s not a lot of places for this one,
so if the above sounds like your thing then get in fast!
Oh noes – it’s booked out! There’s quite a few other blitzes on at the moment (and another due to be announced soon) – see the Upcoming Blitzes page for more!
Please note that due to the limited size of the area, and the use of picks and mattocks this will not be a kid-friendly event. Sorry!
|+1||Want to have your own Blitz?|
This event counts as one "Blitz point". If you've been to a PermaBlitz (or a Permabee) and attend this event you'll be eligible for your own PermaBlitz!