Fermenting with the Seasons
Date(s) - October 21, 2017
Time - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location - Gembrook Retreat
An immersive hands-on workshop exploring fermentation as a creative practice that connects us to our food, our wellbeing and the land around us.
The intention of this spring workshop is to dedicate some time to renewing our connection and relationship to our food. We will use the traditional practice of fermenting our food to learn about the process of creating nourishing food and valuing our environment.
Throughout the day we will:
– Learn about the principles behind the ancient art of fermentation, exploring the ways to preserve food to enrich our modern day diets
– Discuss the benefits of lacto-fermented foods and how they support good gut health and wellbeing
– Prepare our own sauerkraut and fermented seasonal vegetables using traditional dry salting and brine methods.
– Draw inspiration from the garden to infuse flavours into our craft
– Enjoy many tastings of home-made ferments at various stages of fermenting
We will take some time to connect with nature in and outside the workshop space and there will be an opportunity to wander the property during lunch.
This workshop is held at Gembrook Retreat, an established property offering space for spiritual renewal and retreat.
DATE: Saturday 21st October
TIME: 10am – 4pm
COST: $145 per person
INCLUDES: Workshop, morning tea, farm lunch, three jars of vegetable ferments and recipes to take home.
BRING: Your favourite kitchen knife and chopping board, closed shoes and apron.
For more information email Gemma [email protected]