Fermentation Workshop: Nurture the Cosmos Within!
Date(s) - May 20, 2017
Time - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location - Bee Sustainable
A natural implementation of permaculture practice, fermentation brings us closer to growing, keeping and knowing our food. Learn to make a variety of ferments including kombucha, kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut and the essentials of home fermentation in this interactive and tasty workshop.
Our workshop will be guided by food safety and fermentation teacher Molly Bryson.
At the conclusion of the workshop you will have an understanding of :
•Principles of fermenting vegetables, fruits, milk and grains
•How to cultivate, feed and keep your ferments for long and short term use
•Relevant food safety and sanitization for ferments
•The facts and fallacies – understanding friendly (and unfriendly) microorganisms
What You Will Learn:
* How to cultivate, feed and keep your ferments for long and short term use
* Relevant food safety and sanitization for fermenting
* The facts and fallacies – understanding friendly (and sometimes unfriendly) microorganisms
What You Get:
* Comprehensive workshop notes and references/further reading
* Your own sauerkraut, Kombucha SCOBY and starter culture
* A sampling of fermented food and drink
* Opportunity to pre-purchase fermenting vessels when you book your ticket
* Our book-a-friend deal where you both get $10 off each ticket!
Participants will be limited to 10 to maintain an informal interactive format.
Please BYO jar for your sauerkraut or purchase a perfect fermenting vessel from the shop!